Maximize Your Database: October Mastermind Meeting Replay
Where do the majority of your leads come from?
Are they cold leads, or referrals? Are they coming from other agents in your feeder market? Are they from friends and family?
What if you had a database that brought in most of your business? That would be amazing, right? Imagine not having to go out and chase new leads, but being the “go to” real estate for your area.
That’s reality for Alan and Betsy Thompson, the leaders of this month’s Selling the Dream mastermind meeting. Every month, we hold a virtual mastermind meeting, and have been excited to share the recording of the meeting on the podcast!
You may remember this month’s moderator, Alan Thompson, from episode 93, when we talked to him about how he gets his business from his database. We had to bring him to the mastermind meeting so that people could ask their burning questions.
Have you heard any guests on the podcast, and had more questions for them? Make sure you send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and I’ll see what I can do to get you an answer. You might not be the only one with questions.
Wondering what is up with these mastermind meetings, and interested in joining in? Send me an email, and I’ll send you the details on the next meeting!
If you’re interested in hearing more about how Alan and Betsy compiled their database and turned it into a lead generating machine, make sure you listen to this episode of the Selling the Dream podcast.
But before we dive in: have you created your free profile on the Second Home Agents website? Go over and get started: it’s FREE to join. Click here to register, fill out your profile and get listed today.
Highlights of this episode:
- Tom introduces welcomes everyone to the Mastermind, and introduces Alan, the leader of the October meeting.
- Theme of the meeting: maximizing your database.
- Alan shares his history, and how he got into real estate.
- Alan had stepped away from his original real estate job, and took a break. When he came back, he decided he was going to do it differently.
- Betsy and Alan sat down and went through their connections, and made a database of all their connections.
- They went deep in the data: from ages, occupations, favorite sports teams and hobbies. Alan and Betsy know their database!
- It took 4 months to compile that database.
- When putting together your database, make sure that you have a name and at least one connection point.
- The hardest thing was staying with their model. Alan and Betsy had decided that they wanted to work the relationship and database angle, so when they started, they had to stay laser focused.
- By October 2019, they have done more than 200 transactions using their database.
- “There’s no one in our database that we don’t know.” ~ Alan Thompson
- It’s ok to focus on the numbers: that data helps you make smart decisions.
- As Alan and Betsy have continued, they are digging deeper, and really focusing on one zip code.
- Why all those datapoints? So you can connect meaningfully. If their favorite sports team won a game, you can email them and congratulate them!
- It’s your lucky day! Alan and Betsy send handwritten birthday cards every month, with a scratch off lottery ticket inside.
- When you go to networking events, take a ziploc bag with you and collect all the business cards into one bag so you can remember the connections you made at the event.
- Alan breaks down how his team works: how many people are on the team, and what they do.
- Coaching is key, and puts you in a higher “ecosystem.”
- Make sure that you’re present, and connecting with people. Say happy birthday, notice their life events.
- Alan and Betsy make Boomerang videos of their clients with their new homes: now, people are excited to get to have their own Boomerang after they close on their house!
- Make sure you subscribe to the Selling the Dream podcast so you don’t miss any new episodes.
Hey everybody, thank you so much for spending time with us today: would you do me a giant favor and share this podcast with fellow realtors, and leave a review. Your reviews help this podcast get shared with more people.
Connect with Alan and Betsy:
Connect with me (Tom):
Subscribe to the Show
Don’t miss a single episode of the podcast. You can search for “Selling the Dream” on any of your favorite listening platforms, or follow the links below:
As always, thanks for listening. Don’t forget, you’re not selling a home: you’re selling the dream.
See you next time!